Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Evidence Of evidence and development video

Video

First I added all of my raw footage and chose the clips I wanted to use for my video, the next step was to place these clips in the order I wanted and cut out any footage which was unnecessary or I just didn't want to feature.


Second of all I added my sourced music to my project, this helped to add an atmosphere to my video. I adjusted the sound level of the music according to my clips original audio so that they worked in harmony instead of one being overpowering.

I added text intermittently throughout my project not only just for context but also to inform and educate through the recruitment video, I edit my text via the text properties tab, this including things such as text size and colour but I also sourced a custom font so it was more fitting with the conventions of the fire service. In the bottom left of my second screenshot you can also see the Derbyshire fire and rescue logo which I added as it looks more professional whilst also almost acting like a credit to the service.

On a few of my clips I used the speed and duration effect, this was necessary in order to match up events that are happening on screen with the music. Also some of my clips were just filmed to slow compared to the pace I wanted to achieve for more dramatic effect.

In the last part of my video the text 'Join and save lives' appears from behind the fire fighter which was very difficult to do however I think this small change really adds to the video. I managed to achieve this effect by tracing the movement of the man with the pen tool and other techniques and inverting my selected area so that the text would only appear once his body had passed a certain point on the screen.










No comments:

Post a Comment

M3 - Codes and conventions

Codes and conventions Recruitment Video: Here you can see my video fits the codes and conventions of a similar recruitment video a they shar...